Friday, January 18, 2013

"Gin" (The sandwich shop girl)

All the twenty feet that lies between
the length and breadth of our voices breath

So mysterious doe fawned chocolate eyes
takes my order so simplistic for sustenance

Angelic face of Devil's heart
I introduced myself

You said I'm Gin or Jen
But I knew we could never begin again

Wispers familiar in your accent tell me
we won't be

The better of this
must make sure of that

Aye, I'm now sharper in detecting a serpent
for only poison meanders twas lowest point

Thus my heart protected
but only dying my shame

Shame that was almost introduced
had I shown my true affection for you

But, non the less I'm now past those things
representing worthless gains.

For October had graduated to spring
I placed my order at that counter-our counter

Relieved, saddened to find you had gone
wanting to scold for you past trespasses with tone so cold

So almost a year past
I sit counter married across town from that eatery

To realize what idiots we were-for my infatuation of you
of your depression of affection toward me, you-anyone

As lowly esteem comes-guttural in gin filled glass
I recall that November day I made a pass!

Laughing, I poured the hiding liquid
not wanting to leave the bottom of my glass

Regretting I never told you to kiss..........
my lips

To be filled with gin-if not Jen!


* A simple piece about finding out that someone is attractive on the outside but their insecurity produces lacking on the inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment