Friday, March 24, 2017

"West Haven" Cali's Healing Power

As weak solemn ray hits the wall of sky
Illuminating halcyon pale, March presses it's
drained green eyes, April's way as viral
feverished body relaxes caressed by steeping waters

Oh, it took a month to show what I knew
For all those thirteen years
That Atlanta was an impermissible
Mistress in the soirée of courtship

Yes, it took a month to show what I knew
For all the last six
That anything east, would leave my soul
Unrequited at best, and dissatisfied in the least

But, it never takes a second to soujorn
Renewing my affections for La Jolla's Cove
For it never takes three hours or more
to slope down Pacific Palisades

As Santa Monica Boulevard lies lit
Like holiday garden, the pulse of the street
ricochets Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynn
Drawing energy inward at me, toward Mann's Theater

What was so myopic in Georgia
Is so stimulated by California
A weak solemn silver sliver of sun
Hit my window as I look behind shoulder, west

December drains it's weary red eyes January's way
As I draw my strength from that
Vivid dream of so much energy
seeped in from Sunset's pulse

Oh, it took now, a memory to show me
The east -Atlanta's gray gloom
No longer held its close minded sway
For the west, Cali gives my soul life

And vision for a new day

No comments:

Post a Comment