Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"Perpetually October"

                                   

                   I heard a song-takin' me back seven July's earlier
                    flooting, wispering wind reminding me of her....
              Thank God! for she matters not this day nor any ahead

                   Color me jealous twas my start-May birth
       of all those to have been born during such an enchanted month
       A month of humidity-lacking personality of special days
                   save for occasional, lonely Orthodox Easter

                   But it's Easter's salvation-as why I'm living to
                praise you......Oh fires hue russet-red,orange like
              torches.......
           
       Torches of ancient scaring up hills of spirits in the misty Celtic
                  lore of my ancestors pagan past- Aquitania to Hibernia
                                           Asturias to Alba

        Even you stop your dance of wind carried leaves......
               to teach me my heritage on "All Saints" eve

        Oh, you are a sparkling, dry island in a calendar sea of cold,  
                                       blaze, darkness
               humidity-An azure sky covers us both like a blanket.....
        
        Sheltering.......weakening I grab your hand and with tear
          stained eye......kissing your forehead one last goodbye

                As you slip into violet-gray, pre winter drear.
          But, I promise to resurrect what we have once more
                          For our love affair next year

                                      You captivate
                      like non other-Oh, October with shivering
                             soul to me you are dear

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment