Saturday, March 2, 2019

“Noon Tide”

Driving past that building 
Prompting fever of you
That song played tune
Memory seems more subdued 

It’s the natural course of passion 
To begin 
Ebbing into
A twilight end

But morning comes with sun’s eastern fire
Molted to mend 
Our hearts together-to eternity, deeper than passion 
Commitment, mutual sacrifice have no end....,

As sun sets in western sky-only to rise again 

Remember when you started dating or began a marriage to someone and that new passion and luster had worn off. You took a break in your relationship either technically or in secret while you were still together, feeling as if something strange were happening. But, while doing so you realized you were not losing the person, you had not stopped loving them. Your feelings just matured into real love. I can remember times in my life when this happened and it was an amazing time of growth, introspection. Natural elements such as the ocean tide and the sun represent stability. Just like healthy, true love, just when you think the ocean tide or the sun is weak you can always count on it to come back strong, as is it was right on schedule for the next day. It took me about five minutes to write this. The reason-I just felt it in the pit of my soul. It vomited out so easily. It had been in my heart for weeks as I have began to see in myself growth in becoming the type of man who can experience this in my life again.

J.C.B. 

March 2, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment