Wednesday, May 1, 2019

"This Very Circle"



Not knowing you, not knowing me.
Set aside time, as people stroll these Virginia Highland Streets

All there is, is a moment crystalized pure
Our orders get taken, eyes pupiled' locked to reassure

None not matters where our lives have been
Done, new hope breaks anxiety into tatters, as possibilities ascend

All could not care where our lives are going
Your tranquil warm countenance is knowing

A good man if you deem to be two feet away in me
The azaleas pulse Atlanta's balmy greeting into now, for us to be

As I look out the window, back into you
Knowing me, so glad time takes a break it can usher hope to

............This very circle, this table where time's movement
is disallowed!

*A piece about meeting a woman for date in the Virginia Highlands section of Atlanta that my matchmaking firm introduced me to.  We met on the first Saturday in April.  Although, we did not end up being right for each other after a couple of subsequent texts; all that mattered was that moment in time.  April in Atlanta, or Georgia for that matter, is stunningly gorgeous. The blooming of so much of nature is intoxicating. We shared a small table in an Italian cafĂ© right by the front door's window. Because the place was noisy, as most any eatery in Atlanta is, we had to really lean in and uses our senses to read each other and to listen and show the other party they had value to us, while yet we were acutely studying one another.  Not, knowing our future after that evening all that mattered at that time was the couple of hours we had at that small circular table made for two.  Out come? I got dating fatigue and told my match making firm to place my membership on hold until mid summer.  But, you could not convince me that, that moment in time was not transformative.

JCB

May 1st 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment