Thursday, December 27, 2018

"Tim Curt Brown" 'Swindler's Symposium Chronicles'



You could not tell surly Tim Curt Brown anything.
For he was in a bad mood that day on the way to Pell City

A group of fledglings set out to surf the skies
For rookies a bold and brave proclivity

Onward east they took, off I-20 St. Clair County they booked
A turn, they did not see the state police hidden in a road side nook.

A burly red neck appeared at the window, asking them for I.D.
Tim Curt could not stomach the moment for all it would be

A glance a comment quickly turned sour
As Tim Curt was asked to step outta the car

What's your name son, examined the cop
It's Tim Curt Brown, I live so and so way past cow pen stop

A moment it took to call the state capital to 
confirm who Tim was and take a look

Say your name and address again son, the rogue belted out
Mr. Brown said Tim Curt, I live on so and so route

There must have been some conjecture about what was said in the past
Because whatever Tim stated was different than the last

With a crinkle and a crackle Tim Curt was led to the city jail in 
in modern day shackles

His friends had fun, and recorded their flight
Ole Tim Curt stayed in a holding cell board stiff almost until night.

His friends bailed him out as he signed the court appointed summons
that he would come to see the judge two months later back in town

He signed the papers as John Charles Brown

*Alright, I think everyone can guess who Tim Curt Brown is.  It is ME!  In the summer of 2006 while living just south of Birmingham, AL. some friends and I set out to go skydiving over in Pell City.  A place twenty miles east of Birmingham that had an air strip.  On the way there I was riding shot gun and we got pulled over by an Alabama state trooper.  I was in a bad mood because of a falling out I had with a corrupt individual at an old job I had, had and had not still dealt with it properly. I did not help matters that my passenger side seat belt would not extrude out of the window.  When the cop pulled us over right as we go near the airport he asked us why we wear not wearing seat belts.  I told him mine did not work.  He asked me to try it again and wouldn't you know in a cruel twist of fate it worked that exact moment and made me look like a complete fool further exacerbating my irritation. I made a comment to the driver about him being a red neck and hearing it he told me to get out of the car and asked if I was high.  In my naive experience with law I did not sense it illegal to give a fake name and address.  I felt like hey, he is a jerk and I will tweek him a bit by playing games.  Well, he caught me giving a fake name and address. He called down to Montgomery and asked if I could be I.D.'d.  He asked me my name and address again and there were some discrepancies between the first and last time. So, there I was in a holding sale for actually those who had been arrested for DUI's since there was no room anywhere else.  I traded stories with a nice man who had been arrested for being falsely accused of harassing some crazy date he had had the night before, although he was officially drunk.  Finally, after my friends had gone sky diving and had a wondrous time filming it and enjoying it I was hit one by a gay black man when I tried to call my parents to come get me.  Of course I flipped him "the bird" and he retaliated by cussing me out.  I never got to go sky diving as I got busy but will try again some time in the future but, I like to think I had my own adventure that day.  From my lawyer to my relatives and former coworkers they love to still call me Tim Curt at times and we all have a good laugh.  Each Christmas my cousin, who has been arrested for a DUI or two compare notes to determine who has the best arrest story.  I tell him mine is dumber as at least he was high.  Anyway that is the legend of......................TIM CURT BROWN




No comments:

Post a Comment